Easy Fashion Scarf
Sew an easy infinity scarf with pretty fabric and pom-pom fringe for a fashionable accessory!
- 2-1⁄4 yards multicolor print
- 73-1⁄2"-long piece pom-pom trim
Finished scarf: Approximately 73" around
Yardages and cutting instructions are based on 42" of usable fabric width.
Measurements include 1⁄4" seam allowances. Sew with right sides together unless otherwise stated.
From multicolor print, cut:
- 1—14x73-1⁄2" strip
1. Machine-baste (sew with long stitch length) tape-edge of pom-pom trim to one long edge of right side (printed side) of fabric strip.
2. Fold the strip in half lengthwise with right sides together. Pin edges, making sure pom poms are inside and not showing. Sew long edges of strip to make a tube. Turn the tube right side out.
3. Lay the tube flat on your work surface. Pick up one end of the tube and flip it over, creating a twist (Diagram 1).
4. Fold the tube in half by turning one end wrong side out and pulling it over the opposite end until the short ends are aligned (Diagram 2).
5. Sew around the short ends, leaving a 4" opening (Diagram 3).
6.Turn the scarf right side out through the opening. Hand-sew the opening closed using the magic invisible closure (video below).