Winter Tea Bag Pouch
Little felt pouches make the perfect gift! Fill them with purchased tea bags for a winter present that can be used over and over again.
- Two colors crafts felt (we chose red and white)
- Coordinating embroidery floss
- 3/4" button
- Fabric glue
Assemble the Tea Bag Pouch:
1. Download the tea bag pouch pattern at the end of this blog. We have a reindeer pattern and a snowflake pattern. We'll be giving instructions using the reindeer pattern, but the same instructions apply for both shapes.
2. Cut out the reindeer shape and the tea pouch flap shape and pin them to one color crafts felt. Cut out the tea pouch body pattern and pin it to the second color crafts felt. Cut the shapes out. For tips on pinning and cutting using patterns, see this blog.
TIP: Use a smaller scissors to cut the reindeer shape. Tinier cuts are easier with tinier scissors.
3. Your finished shapes will look like this.
4. Align the flat edge of the tea pouch flap with one edge of the tea pouch body pattern. Pin in place. (For tips on pinning, see this blog.) Using a sewing machine and coordinating-color thread, sew the two crafts felt pieces together using a 1/4" seam allowance.
5. Flip the tea pouch flap over so the stitches are on the inside. Use an iron to press the top crease in place.
6. Using the tea pouch body pattern for reference, fold the felt body up. Sew a button in place as marked on pattern. To learn how to sew on a button, see this blog.
7. Using the tea pouch body pattern for reference, cut a slit in flap for a buttonhole.
8. Blanket-stitch the sides of the tea pouch body to hold the pouch in place. To learn how to do a blanket stitch, see this blog.
9. Using fabric or felt glue, glue the reindeer shape to the back of the pouch.
Love this project, but want a different look? Try using our snowflake shape and blue and white felt for a gift that will last all winter!