Christmas Tree Cards
Make one-of-a-kind cards for everyone on your list this year! All you need is some fabric scraps and a little stitching. Use red and green fabrics for your Christmas cards, or choose icy blues and whites for a New Year’s greeting.
Blank card and envelope
Fabric scraps of complementary prints or solids
Machine needle: fine (80/12) metallic needle (preferable)
Finished card: 5x7"
1. Cut triangles from coordinating fabric. For the triangle pattern in three different sizes, download the PDF at the bottom of this blog.
2. Place triangles on the front of the card, arranging as desired. Glue in place and let it dry.
3. Stitch “trunks” with zigzag, feather, or straight stitches. (To successfully sew with metallic thread, a fine metallic needle in your machine is preferable.)
4. Pull loose thread ends to inside of card and tie in a knot; trim.
5. To complete card, center and adhere a piece of cardstock to the inside front of the card to conceal and secure threads.