Wine Glass Coaster
Fabrics: Silvia's Splendor collection by Silvia Vassileva for P&B Textiles
These wine coasters are a perfect addition to your home bar and make pretty gifts for wine lovers. (Bonus! Each only take five minutes to make, so you can whip up a bunch before a party or holiday!)
Materials for One Coaster:
- 3 -- 6" squares of floral print
- 2 -- 6" squares of blue print
- Wine coaster pattern (found below)
Finished coaster: 4-1/2" diameter
Assemble the Coaster:
1. Pin the pattern on a print 6" square and cut out. (For a tutorial on pinning and cutting with templates, see here.)
2. Repeat Step 1 with all 6" squares for five circles total.
3. Fold one floral print circle in half with wrong side together; press. Repeat with a second floral print circle and both blue print circles.
4. Place remaining floral print circle right side up on work surface. Referring to photo above, layer one blue print unit on top half of floral circle. Next, layer one floral print unit on right half of circle. Layer remaining blue print unit on bottom half of circle. Finally, layer remaining floral print unit on left half side of layered units with top half of floral print unit under first blue print unit.
5. The layered circle should look like the photo above. If needed, adjust units so there is a small opening in the middle (this is where your wine glass stem will go).
6. Pin around edges of layered circle.
7. Sew together through all layers using a 1/4" seam allowance.
8. Turn stitched circle right side out; press outer edge to complete coaster.
5 Reasons These Coasters Are A Party Lifesaver:
- They serve as built-in coasters so there's no need to place coasters around your home (or remind guests to use them).
- They catch any stray drips of wine, whether from a messy pour or a clumsy guest.
- They act as markers, so each guest can easily identify their glass.
- They're perfect party favors. Send each guest home with one at the end of the evening.
- They're pretty so they instantly adds a festive pop of color to your decorations.