Valentine's Day Garland
AccuQuilt machine and heart die (accuquilt.com)
Cute felt hearts easily become a garland with a little stitching and ribbon. Hang it in your home to spread the love this Valentine's Day!
- 4" squares of crafts felt in assorted colors: red, pink, and purple
- 2 -- 45" pieces of 3/8"-wide black ribbon
- Crafts glue (optional)
- AccuQuilt Go! die-cutting machine (optional)
Note: If you don't have a die-cutting machine, download the heart pattern at the link below. Then cut out and trace them onto felt the number of times indicated in Cut Fabrics.
Note: For more information on using a die-cutting machine, such as the AccuQuilt Go!, see our blog here.
From assorted red, pink, and purple 4" squares, cut:
- 14 of medium heart pattern [AccuQuilt heart die #55029 (3")]
Cut desired number of heart shapes depending on the length you want your finished garland. We cut 14 hearts for a 4'-long garland.
Assemble the Garland:
1. Fold one 45"-length of ribbon in half. Pin or glue the ribbon fold to the back of one heart shape, about 3/4" from the top.
2. Using thread of your choice (we used a pink variegated thread), start sewing on topside of first heart shape with ribbon under heart. Sew across the heart shape 3/4" from the top.
3. Take a few extra stitches between heart shapes, then stitch across the top of the second heart shape. Continue adding heart shapes, sewing halfway across last heart shape.
4. Fold remaining piece of ribbon in half. Pin or glue ribbon fold to back of last heart shape. Complete sewing across last heart shape to complete Valentine's Day garland.
5. To hang, tie the ribbon into a bow on each end.