Serve up drinks at a Halloween party with these spooky spiderweb coasters!
- Two colors crafts felt (we used green and purple)
- Black and green embroidery floss
- Tissue paper
Assemble the Coaster:
1. Download the coaster pattern below. Lay the tissue paper over your pattern. Use a pen or marker to trace the spiderweb pattern onto the tissue paper. Cut out the tissue paper circle and set aside.
2. Pin the coaster pattern to one piece of your crafts felt. Cut the circle shape out. (See tips for pinning and cutting patterns here.) Repeat with your second piece of crafts felt. You will now have two circles.
3. Pin the tissue paper circle to the felt circle you want on top of your coaster (we used green felt). Pin in place.
4. With black embroidery floss, start sewing the spiderweb through both the felt and tissue paper from the center using a backstitch. See how to backstitch here. Continue until all drawn lines are covered with stitches. Tie a knot on the back when done to hold stitches in place.
5. Tear the tissue paper off. The stitches should perferate the tissue paper so it comes off easily in pieces.
6. Stack the two felt circles on top of each other with the embroidered side facing up. Pin in place.
7. Use coordinating embroidery floss to sew a running stitch around the outside of the two felt circles. See how to do a running stitch here.