DIY Turban Headband
Old T-shirts are perfect for stocking up on headbands! Patterned T-shirts make great accessories to stylish outfits. Or use your old ratty ones to hold your hair back when you workout.
1. Cut two 4x20" rectangles from your T-shirt.
*Note: Adjust length depending on the size of your head. Measure around your head using measuring tape first.
2. Fold each 4x20" rectangle in half so right sides (printed sides) are together.
4. Turn the tubes right side out.
5. Lay the tubes in an X shape with seams facing up.
6. Fold the tube that's on the bottom in half so it sandwiches the other tube between in.
7. Fold the other tube in half.
8. Pull the two ends of the headband straight out. Align the two open edges on each side.
9. Fold the entire headband in half so all unsewn edges are stacked on top of each other. Make sure they're aligned. Sew the ends together using a 1/4" seam allowance. (For tips on sewing knits, see our blog here.)